Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Introducing Dead Celebrities Hair in Baseball Cards...?


In a blog from AOL, Pat Lackey wrote, "Upper Deck is giving away packs of baseball cards with chances to win a strand of hair from historical figures like Abraham Lincoln, while Topps is giving away "DNA cards" that contain the hair of George Washington and Charles Dickens." As interesting as that sounds, I think quite frankly it sounds absurd and creepy. More than twenty years ago, collecting and trading baseball cards was the thing to do. While most preteens could probably care less about the baseball cards, Upper Deck has decided that implanting hair strands would increase sales. But honestly, who's going to buy them? How do we know if they really are hair strands from Abe Lincoln or Babe Ruth? I think this is the most ridiculous idea if not the a terrible one. I'll be really interested to know what kind of feedback they'll get from the actual buyers or at least those who are still interested in collecting baseball cards. But if you ask me, this is a little creepy.

2 comments:

Royal Raven said...

This is the weirdest and stupidest idea I've ever heard. I was a big baseball card collector as a kid and would never of cared to have a piece of someones hair. Also how do we know that it's really someones hair. What are they digging up Babe Ruth?

Ceci Garcia said...

I agree completely that it is WEIIIRRDDD... How did they get the hair in the first place? That's what I want to know. Good find.