Thursday, October 30, 2008

Digital Footprint Quiz

So for our group assignment we were to make a podcast on a social media topic. Denise, Melanie, and I decided on speaking about digital footprints and how other social networking tools emphasize the impact of digital footprints. While doing some research on digital footprint, we stumbled upon a survey like website that scored us on how much digital footprints we leave behind on a daily basis. The survey/quiz would ask questions such as, "To commute in the mornings, do you use public transit, car, or walk/bike?" To use my car I have to put gas which means I would more than likely use my credit card therefore tracking everything. Using your school id card also tracks where you are and what you are doing. Emailing, using the phone, walking down a sidewalk, all has some sort of tracking device mechanism to see what you are doing at pretty much any time of the day. I was horrified to find out that my every move is being watched! To see what score you get go to this link and take the quiz http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/koppel/interactive/interactive.html

1 comment:

Ceci Garcia said...

great find! I just did the quiz and I got 27 points which is a moderate digital footprint. It is crazy, though, how every thing we do gets recorded. It kind of reminds me of that new movie that is out with Shia LeBeouf, Eagle Eye. If you haven't watched it, you should check it out because it really touches on the dangers of that digital footprint.